Product Manager Tugs
The strategy of the HSC & Workboats business units is increasingly focused on intelligent standardization of the product range, equipment, parts and production. For the Product group Tugs we are looking for a Product Manager who will shape the further future of this product group, within the Division.
Your main responsibility is maintaining a commercially attractive product portfolio. Meaning, oversee the introduction of new designs, maintenance of existing designs, and the retirement of old designs, all in line with the market and customer needs.
The product portfolio forms the base on which proposals are made for our customers. It is your responsibility to ensure the optimisation and standardization of this process within your product group, but also across the division to take full advantage of the available synergies.
Identifying and managing risks in all above activities is of the utmost importance to ensure long term profitability.
The team you have to inspire and facilitate directly (approximately 5 reports) is located in Gorinchem. The Product Manager reports to the Products Director of the Division. You will work in very close corporation with your peer colleagues, the Product Managers HSC and Dredging and the Technology Manager, a new position in the future division.
- Contribute to the development of the product management strategy and/or policies for your product group;
- Develop, manage, implement and monitor the realisation of the product management plan and budget for your product group and acquire approval for implementation;
- Contribute and manage the development of knowledge, new products, innovations and product protection, within operational budgets and in line with customer demands, Rules & Regulations, HSSEQ guidelines and standards;
- Optimization & standardization; evaluate and continuously improve design of the products and processes;
- Initiate and implement changes and improvements accordingly, in line with external (market) developments;
- Manage and contribute preparation and delivery of proposal(s), in collaboration with sales department and within budget;
- Advise various stakeholders on product related topics;
- Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop (the cooperation between) employees, manage the employee lifecycle, ensure staffing and increase enablement of ?your? people.
- You have an academic level of thinking and at least a Msc. in Mechanical Engineering or Naval constructions;
- Preferably 12 years of relevant working experience with demonstrably/ deep knowledge of Tugs for about 5 years;
- You?re used to work with professionals and demonstrably good in developing and facilitating them and take care of the vitality of your team members;
- Good command of English and ideally also Dutch;
- You are a self-reflecting personality who?s continuously learning and practice new insights;
If you are interested and your education and background fits into this profile, we like to receive your response (a motivation letter and your CV) as soon as possible.?
If we recognize a match, we will invite you for a first interview. An assessment can be part of the selection process and will be planned before the second interview.
The goals is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs / dredgers / workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time; thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 11 February 2020|
|Education level||View Vacancy|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|