Engineering Leader Offshore Platform
Wat doe je als Engineering Leader Offshore PLatform bij TenneT?
As Engineering leader Offshore Platform you are part of the core team responsible for the realisation of the Offshore Stations (platforms) which connect the the Hollandse Kust Noord (HKN) / Hollandse Kust West Alpha (HKN/HKWa) wind farms to the onshore grid. In total 1400 MW offshore wind energy will get connected to the shore in a safe and timely manner and within quality and budget requirements. In this role you work closely with the Project Lead. You will be involved in design reviews and your scope is to manage and monitor the certification of the design which is done by the main contractor. You collect lessons learned and actively hand them over to subsequent offshore projects. You are a member of the core team of the HKN and HKW Alpha project, you lead the platform engineering team and work closely together with the other (sub)project leads in the team in order to realise the entire system integration of the grid connection on time. As Lead Engineer Platform you are reporting to the Project Lead Platform and located in the department Offshore NL..
Tasks and responsibilities includes:
- You ensure the correct implementation of the Employer requirements into the design made by Contractor
- You organize workshops with Contractor in case of technical issues or when in case of design reviews
- You ensure the on-time review of (engineering) documentation received from Contractor. You assign the lead reviewer and other reviewers to the documentation and make sure they do a correct and timely review of the documentation
- You manage the engineering team and make sure that SHE is well taken on board by the team.
- You ensure the management of the interfaces with other contracts (free issued items, cable) and OWF (Offshore Wind Farm) in close cooperation with the other project leads in the team.
- You ensure compliance with requirements and goals set for SHE, time, cost, risk and quality within your scope.
- You ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and the framework of Tennet's corporate manuals and guidelines
- You align with relevant authorities and certifier. You make sure they review the required documentation and you make sure design reviews are organized with them.
- You standardise of project management approach and optimisation of synergies between projects
- You align with the experts and teams within Offshore NL/GER and various other departments within TenneT and ensure taking into account lessons learned from other large projects
- You monitor and evaluate phase to phase progress focussing on documenting and communicating about 'lessons learned' so future projects can benefit
- You contribute actively to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Bachelor/Master degree in Marine / Civil / Mechanical Engineering or a comparable discipline
- Proven track record and extensive knowledge and experience (10 years +) in offshore projects and preferably in managing project teams with experts
- experience in managing contracts
- proven ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics
- excellent communication skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed);
- You are able to functionally manage and give direction to a sub-team of professionals and you are a team player yourself
- You are fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- Willingness to travel (this might be international)
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (salary range between EUR 4.000 and EUR 7.000 gross per month) with excellent secondary benefits (39 holidays, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- gross health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities. Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' (imminent redundancy due to an upcoming reorganization) prevail over other internal candidates – when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate.
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
The future grid connections 'Hollandse Kust Noord en Hollandse kust West Alpha consist of two connections providing together a maximum of 1400 MW of offshore wind energy to the Dutch coast. From the platform there will be a total of four alternating current cables that run to the future high voltage substation at Wijk aan Zee. Hollandse Kust Noord will go into service in 2023 and Hollandse Kust West Alpha in 2024.
TenneT has officially been appointed as offshore grid operator in the Netherlands, and will develop-as contribution to the Energy Agreement- 3.500 MW of offshore connections until 2023; all with a standardised concept of 700 MW per connection. In april 2019 TenneT also has been appointed to connect in addition 6100 MW of offshore wind energy during the period of 2024 until 2030.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 15 October 2019|
|Contact||Ms. Sandra Ekelenkamp|
|Telephone||+31 26 373 11 93|
Mariëndaal Centre of Excellence
Utrechtseweg 310, Arnhem