Project Manager Technical Engineering
Wat doe je als Project Lead Technical Engineering bij TenneT?
As Project Manager Technical Engineering (Hollandse Kust West beta and Ten Noorden van de Waddeneilanden), you are responsible, as member of a dedicated project team, for the integrated technical engineering for the overall project from the start until the construction has been completed and handed over and as such responsible for verification and validation of the functionality of the grid connection system.
The Project Manager Technical Engineering is heading the technical engineering team. The engineering team builds the networks to the technical departments such as asset management offshore, system operations and implements the accepted requirements and is responsible for all technical interfaces and the correct integration of the main systems (OWF connection, Platform, Land Station, Cables, HV equipment) in order to reach the desired functionality of the designed offshore grid connection systems of the projects Ten Noorden van de Waddeneilanden (TNW) and Hollandse Kust West- beta (HKWb).
The Project Manager Technical Engineering reports to the Overall Project Lead.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and managing a dedicated technical team, operational supervisor for the employees involved in engineering in both the initiation and construction phases (such as cable engineer, platform engineer), consultant and sparring partner for the other project management members (including advice on all technical matters);
- First point of contact for TenneT Asset Management department, who's responsible for the basic design;
- Guardian of the technical scope of the project including quality and assuring the company wide standardization and technical standards;
- Responsible for verification and validation of the functionality of the grid connection systems using a well-organized process and applying system engineering principles;
- Responsible for technical products, including detailed design and all project documentation and provide evidence on requested functional requirements;
- Evaluation of design and construction of all systems and sub-systems belonging to the Grid connection system in order to reach desired functionality;
- Management of interfaces between systems during design and construction;
- Development technical tender documents and participation in contract negotiations within his or her scope;
- Review of design and construction documents from 3rd parties and assessment on non-conformities during the construction phase;
- Interfacing with the TenneT technical departments, external stakeholders and other teams within TenneT offshore taking into account lessons learned from other large projects.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Master degree and an academic level in thinking and working;
- Extensive knowledge and experience (10 years +) with technical management of large, complex offshore or infrastructural projects;
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics;
- Able to functionally manage, motivate and give direction to a team of professionals and you are a team player yourself.
- Extensive experience in the technical field of Systems Engineering and Commissioning;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well;
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment;
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed);
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment (Top Employer 2019). TenneT offers an excellent salary (with a maximum of € 8.750,- including holiday allowance) with good secondary benefits (a maximum of 15% bonus, contribution to your health care insurance and a good pension scheme). Last but certainly not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem, willingness to travel to the project area's is required.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. Based on this agreement the decision to realize 3.500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken and TenneT has been appointed as offshore grid operator. Various projects are in the construction phase and the preparation for the other projects (spatial, permits, procurement) is ongoing. On top of this, the government published recently a roadmap aiming for another 7.000 MW up to 2030. A roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, which includes the projects Hollandse Kust West (AC), Ten Noorden van de Waddeneilanden (AC) and IJmuiden Ver (DC) projects.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. In June 2014 the Dutch government confirmed the decision for an offshore grid.
The decision to realise 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken in the law 'Wind op Zee" and TenneT has been appointed as the offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed and the preparation for the first individual projects (spatial, permits, procurement) is ongoing. The first grid connection system will be operational in August 2019.
In order to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea, the new department Offshore NL is formed. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment.
|Date Updated||Monday 14 October 2019|
|Function category||Project Management|
|Contact||Ms. Sandra Ekelenkamp|
|Telephone||+31 26 373 11 93|
Mariëndaal Centre of Excellence
Utrechtseweg 310, Arnhem