Technical Specialist Preservation, Welding and Bonding
The Research & Technology Support group is part of the Engineering Department and is made up of various specialists. The group conducts research and supports developments regarding new types of ship, as well as supporting the Products & Proposals Department in order to determine contract specifications. The group also supports Engineering and Production when detailing the design and issue specification and instructions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your duties will include:
- Drawing up and assessing contractual documents with regard to preservation, welding and bonding.
- Determining technical specifications and instructions based on contractual documents and classification requirements for procurement of components and for the execution of preservation, welding and bonding activities on board.
- Determining and assessing specifications for the application of composite deck covering. Development of bonding techniques such as adhesive bonding for primary and second-ary structures.
- Assessment of corrosion prevention measures.
- Maintaining contact with suppliers, subcontractors and engineers within the organisation with regard to preservation, welding and bonding.
- Initiating and conducting research with regard to preservation, welding and bonding. The duties will be conducted both at our shipyard and temporarily on location abroad.
- Holds a certificate at BSc or MSc level in corrosion protection technology or an equivalent qualification from a painting academy (FROSIO) with specific modules in corrosion and metal preservation.
- Preferably holds a welding certificate or equivalent qualification (IWT or IWE).
- Has an affinity for the maritime industry. Is cost conscious.
- Is able to work as part of a team.
- Is decisive and works in a structured manner.
- Identifies problems and sets priorities.
- Good command of English language (writing and speaking).
The Naval & Structural group is part of the Engineering department. The employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Saturday 12 October 2019|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|