Proposal Engineer ILS
The ILS engineer (proposals) plays a role in both ship new building proposals for the integrated logistic part of the proposal as well as for Service/ Refit proposals. This often requires thinking out of the box in the development of the proposals to meet customer requirements and in the long run to increase customer satisfaction. The ILS Engineer shall be required to provide insight into enhancements (functional and technical subject matter expertise) to contribute to the development Naval Life Cycle Support strategies.
- Supports and takes ownership of ILS proposals to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and cost;
- Working in accordance to client specific requirements, DSNS processes and agreements with relevant stakeholders and departments within the company;
- Maintain and professionalize the ILS and Naval Services proposals to maintain and enhance the quality standards;
- Drive new thoughts in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the work and processes of the past;
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the end-users;
- Being in full compliance with the business rules which are set by Damen.
- Drafting ILS/ NLCS proposals (specification and price) for the Proposal Manager is day-to-day work;
- Driving results through accountability.
- Relevant technical study at BSc. Level (mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance and /or ILS methodologies gained in the defence or within a complex technical environment
- Operational / Logistic experience in the naval domain is considered a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in development & execution of ILS packages within a complex technical and/ or defense environment or maintenance related departments and/or projects
- Experience in working with cross functional and cultural teams;
- The ability to build coalitions internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals
- Basic knowledge of marine engineering/mechanical engineering is a plus
- Experience in producing proposals, preferable in de field of maintenance and/or ILS
- Good command of English language (written & verbal)
- Willingness to frequent travel
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 24 September 2019|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|