Specialist Offshore Wind Foundation
Here’s a fantastic opportunity for a skilled researcher with offshore engineering expertise to be part of our exciting commitment to new energies. Bringing your technical experience and commercial knowledge to an ambitious role that will help develop future energy opportunities.
Where you fit in
At Shell, we’re passionate about finding new, cleaner energy solutions that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. As Researcher Offshore Wind Foundations, you’ll be a vital part of this commitment, sitting within our New Energies Research and Technology (NERT) team, with an exciting focus on creating future energy options for Shell.
Your role will fit within a NERT team in Amsterdam, which has a priority to actively support our ambitious Offshore Wind Innovation Programme, helping deliver business-driven innovation to the New Energies Wind business.
What’s the role?
You’re going to be using your technical expertise to its full advantage, assessing technology development and LCOE reduction pathways for fixed offshore wind foundations over their full life-cycle, from quick connect technologies and vessels and logistics, to low fatigue installation technologies, seismic impact on design, and predictive maintenance.
Your personal skills are going to be just as vital here. A key part of your role will be supporting the NERT Team and Offshore Wind Innovation Programme to nurture trust in the strategic partnerships required to build a successful power business involving offshore wind. That means you’ll be nurturing working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders within the New Energies business environment and the offshore engineering community.
You’ll also use your effective communication skills to get the most out of Shell’s collective offshore structure expertise, support ongoing external technology collaborations with a range of networks and working groups, and provide expert technical support for Shell Venture investments in relevant technology companies.
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from men and women with experience as a high performing offshore structures engineer, with Technical Authority level 3, and proven expertise and/or knowledge across project engineering, contracting and procurement, design, and new energies. Along with your natural passion for new technologies, we’d also hope to see as much of the following on your CV:
- Relevant experience in offshore wind farm structural engineering
- Proven technical competences across the CSO discipline competence framework, including, geotechnical, fixed substructure and advanced analyses
- A demonstratable commitment to HSSE
- An ability to link business drivers to deep technical understanding and vice versa
- A proven eagerness and ability to build new expertise
- A proven strong team player whilst also able to act autonomously
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 20 August 2019|
|Education level||View Vacancy|