Senior Engineer Mechanical Workboats
- Executing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Supervising a small team of engineers and subcontractors;
- Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners and working closely together with all stakeholders;
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Performing complex calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications;
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Engineer;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- good communication skills; English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
- An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Sunday 1 September 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|