Network & System Support Engineer
Responsible for design, maintenance and support of IT infrastructure and system solutions as requested by business and to enable relevant stakeholders to do their job. This in line with IT policies and practices, with corporate guidelines, (business) strategy, plans and external rules & regulations. This to ensure accurate support and enable the business to lead the organization in a secure, effective and efficient manner.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, optimize, monitor and maintain the infrastructure and systems with high performance by delivering quality IT products and services on a timely basis.
- Perform user support and handle incidents and changes concerning the ICT (network) infrastructure in line with service level agreements with users.
- Perform high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery as well as create and document preventive measures.
- Design, implement and maintain high performance of technology and infrastructure based on the IT group policy and services and specific high security business requirements of DSNS.
- Design, implement, maintain and support the technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components, including data storage technologies.
- Provide recommendations for process and configuration improvements.
- Drives processes and methodologies in compliance with military security regulations.
- Performs incident and changes coming to the Infrastructure & operations department.
- Design and implement quality improvement which optimizes and benefits the business and report service status and issues.
- Supports life cycle management on IT infrastructure and systems.
- Works in line with HSEQ policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Bachelor degree in IT and/or technical business Administration or other relevant technical study at B.Sc. level.
- Minimum (5) years of experience in hands-on in IT infrastructure and operations, referable in the maritime / defense or related industry
- Experience in high secure technical IT environments, preferable the maritime / defense or related industry.
- Hands- on experience in and implementation, support and maintenance of complex IT Systems and Infrastructure;
- Knowledge in managing Windows Active Directory, Vmware ESXi (5.x, 6.x), Citrix (XenApp / XenDesktop 6.x, 7.x), Microsoft Exchange and Micxrosoft SQL.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Due to summer holidays, we will continue the procedure as from week 34.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 13 August 2019|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Mr. Jeroen van Mierlo|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|