Public Relations Officer
REPORTS TO: CEO and President
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the President/CEO, the Public Relations Officer will be responsible for overseeing Business Network for Offshore public relations activities including cultivating a positive organizational image. The PR Officer will work closely with all the Network members including: design team, marketing and events coordinator, and head of business development to tell stories and promote the good work of the organization and reinforce the organization’s brand.
The position requires excellent story-gathering, writing, editing and proofreading skills. The Officer should also possess an understanding of graphic design, the ability to create and produce small scale projects, and a keen awareness of high-quality production.
The position requires skills in communicating the work of the Network and its members through online media to maintain and enhance the website and social media accounts. It also requires a strong background in content marketing. The Officer will keep abreast of new technologies, identify trends and ideas to adopt, and help create new features that will increase efficiency and help broaden awareness of the Network’s work among members and trade media publications.
- Developing PR strategies and campaigns
- Preparing press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders, media and the public
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Design) and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts, etc.
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences)
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends including monitoring US OSW and global market developments
- Write communications materials including e-newsletter text, blogs, website articles and content, and other external communications.
- Work with staff and consultants to identify media opportunities for Network and Members;
- Develops and Coordinates press events.
- Engages with Members with the Head of Business Development to place story bank of internal success stories in trade magazines.
- Maintain internal press list
- Develops and implements media trade partner agreements.
- Tracks trade partner agreement deliverables and works with design team to ensure deliverables are met by Network staff and vice versa.
- Maintains a list of local and global conferences to ensure ads are well timed and placed properly.
- Builds relationships with trade reporters and talks to them weekly
- Pitches network and member story ideas to trade media
- Establishes and oversees the production of a monthly e-newsletter.
- Contributes to content development of IPF and other small events.
- Develops and maintains inventoried electronic files for all marketing materials, press releases, accomplishments, awards, announcements, etc.
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Write Annual Report
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to manage consultants
- The ability to think strategically and use good judgment
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals;
- A sound knowledge content marketing and customer services
- IT literate with extensive experience of all aspects of Microsoft Office, InDesign, Illustrator,
- Ability to write for newsletters, trade magazines, the web and social media;
- Able to operate over several projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
- Must have a professional manner and attitude
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to change
- Knowledge of the energy industry, knowledge of offshore wind a plus
- Familiarity with communication trends and resources, including new technologies;
- Attention to detail
- Position is preferably located in Baltimore, MD
- Salary is commiserated with level of experience
Apply without account
The Business Network for Offshore Wind is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization solely focused on the development of the U.S. offshore wind industry and advancement of its supply chain. We are not a trade association of many voices; we are one leading voice for the offshore wind business community. We bring together developers, policymakers, academia, global experts and hundreds of member businesses for critical discussions and unprecedented networking opportunities.
|Date Updated||Thursday 4 July 2019|
|Company name||Business Network for Offshore Wind|
|Contact||Ms. Jen Hess|