Project Manager Offshore & Transport
As a Project Manager at the Damen Offshore & Transport cluster you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary projects that are being built worldwide. These are the high-end ETO (engineering to order) vessels that are designed and built at Damen for the offshore & Transport market. Gorinchem is your default working location, but occasionally you will have to visit our international yards. As a Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this elite team within Damen? Apply now!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for the client;
- Managing the contract (with support from contract
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the Project Management Office. Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the operations process Gorinchem based. Visiting international engineering, co-maker and production locations will be an important part of this;
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of ships to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- Improving processes and products at design and detail level in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Coordinating/indirectly supervising the project team along the entire production chain and supply chain;
- Supporting / Guiding the assistant project managers if necessary.
- A Bachelor's degree (HBO) or Master's degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- Over 5 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary project management;
- Knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage;
- Experience of project administration in ERP;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centred approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 9 July 2019|
|Function category||Project Management|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|