This is the opportunity to work in a small company within a large company with a large variety of vessels. Our fleet is constantly changing and so are our clients. Our sailing areas are all over the world. For a part of the fleet we are fully operationally responsible and for the rest our projects requires merely supervision tasks. We are dealing with older vessels as well as new and all in between. One week you will be docking a 15 year old tugboat, the next supervising a new build project and maybe the week after acting as engineer on board.
As Technical Superintendent you will report to the operations department and will play a crucial role in maintaining the technical state of our fleet. The job will be performed mainly on board our fleet located in the Netherlands and abroad. We expect that you will assist our on board crew when required and act as a consultant and as engineer when necessary.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and supervising all ship repairs and maintenance of the fleet;
- Executing dry dockings and yard periods;
- Occasionally acting as marine engineer;
- Assist with organizing and coordinating inspections and surveys by Class;
- Regularly visiting the vessels for inspections, technical and audit support;
- Giving feedback to the crewing department;
- Supporting the operations department when adjustments to the vessel necessary for certain projects;
- Assisting the crew with technical difficulties and implementation of charterers requirements at start of project;
- Contributing to newbuilding projects and product development;
- Assisting compliance of the vessels with the Safety Management System (SMS) and preventive/planned maintenance system in close cooperation with the Operations Manager.
- Good knowledge and understanding of marine engineering and ships systems in particular and knowledge with the entire vessel operation in general;
- Willingness to travel;
- A strong communicator who is able to represent the company both internally and externally;
- Able to work in a structured manner;
- Affinity and knowledge of ship regulations (class, ISM);
- Good knowledge of the English language, both in writing and speaking;
- Experience with working with preventive maintenance systems;
- A team player and self-motivated;
- Preferable experience at sea, in a position as (Chief) Engineer or Maritime Officer.
Damen Marine Services B.V. (DMS) is the chartering company within the Damen Shipyards Group. DMS operates a fleet of Damen built vessels and is involved in the sale and purchase of used vessels. DMS offers its clients the experience of Damen vessels, both for established and proven designs as new designs with new technologies. Chartering workboats is a Damen activity which dates back to the early sixties. In 1974 the Marine Service Division was officially formed. Chartering out vessels became a service to clients while a new vessel was being built at the shipyard. Today, providing a frontrunner is one of the many services which DMS has to offer.
|Date Updated||Thursday 13 June 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Arnoud d'Have|
|Telephone||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|