Project Manager Engineering Subcontracting Cruise
At Damen we are looking for a Project Manager Engineering with experience in Subcontracting Engineering and a background in the Cruise industry to support our growing ambitions in the Cruise and Offshore market. We have exciting plans to undertake some major projects of 100+ meter Cruise & Cruise Expeditions vessels. These projects will be built at one of our yards outside the Netherlands and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Cruise vessels for the most luxury Cruise trips around the world.
As a Project Manager Engineering, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. Your focus will be to manage engineering partners and a small internal team. This team will support you with managing the engineering partners. And will secure that project specific design criteria of the subcontracted scope are met. This will be done partly on site (abroad), and local in the Netherlands and international depending on the chosen partners. Your basis will be Gorinchem. You will also maintain contact with the client representatives and classification societies in order to ensure the final technical execution meets all requirements. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally you will also be involved in a supportive role for building and commissioning and attend trials if considered required, in order to close the practical feedback loop towards the engineering team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding Cruise include:
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of (lead) engineers;
- Managing outsourced engineering scope of work and engineering subcontract;
- Managing outsourced engineering work at interior builders;
- Managing the integration of purchased systems and equipment;
- Managing the client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Preparing the lists of deliverables, estimating and planning the engineering work;
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners;
- Assisting during sea trials and preparing status reports. Organizing document control and configuration control;
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment and team spirit for all team members.
Do you fit our profile of Project Manager Engineering Subcontracting Cruise? You must have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Shipbuilding Engineering;
- At least five years' experience in managing complex engineering projects, strongly preferably in the Cruise industry;
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in English and preferable Dutch;
- Preferably experience in managing large scopes of subcontracted engineering;
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you;
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis (about one week every two months);
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Cruise range of vessels is part of Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the design of these vessel types, the cluster works closely with different departments within Damen. The Cruise brand represents a product line of highly competitive Cruise vessels up to 100+ meters opening up new possibilities for the luxury Cruise market. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Cruise sees Damen commence with the construction of Cruise vessels larger than those traditionally produced by the group. This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the further growth of the Cruise market. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located at our headquarters in Gorinchem.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 22 May 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Danielle Nuts|
|Telephone||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|