Develop the commercial relations of the yard in order to reach sales targets according the budgeted operational margin.
- Define and implement the yard's commercial strategy.
- Ensure and coordinate that the Sales Managers of the DS&C Group fulfil their tasks as far as the yard is concerned
Ensure and coordinate that the Sales Manager of the yard fulfils his tasks, including:
- Prospect and develop the client portfolio Monitor customer satisfaction, especially key accounts
- Develop customer loyalty and intimacy
- Advise and be the client's main intermediary providing expert knowledge of the activities
- Analyze and use market information by proposing action plans
- Take responsibility for sales in accordance with annual targets
- Update and feed the commercial statistics
- Prepare the business plan, growth forecasts on existing and new markets
- Analyze contracts
- Settle the final negotiations with the client
- Make sure the annual sales targets are reached
- Ensure outstanding "projects hand over" between Commercial team and Operations team (Projects Leaders, Production Department?).
- Control with Head-Estimator quality of offers made by the yard
- Support a "Quality mind set" and implement ISO norm regulations.
- Actively manage the estimators team and Sales Manager
- Implement commercial and marketing techniques in the shiprepair sector
- Lead a Client portfolio
- Carry out market studies
- Read, write and speak fluent common and technical French and English
- Good manager, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiator, with commercial skills
- Proactive, anticipating and innovative
- Open but strong-minded, rigorous, engaged
- Combining client perspective and yard?s commercial view
Damen Shiprepair Brest is a well-established repair yard with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It has three drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the yard to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices.
In 1963 the extension of the Brest harbour started with the graving of Dock nr 2 and from 1968 onwards the ship repair activities have boosted, opening the way to become the prime French maritime ship repair centre. Damen Shiprepair Brest is continuing this heritage exploiting the existing know-how, technical expertise and well maintained facilities.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 23 April 2019|
|Education level||Middle | High|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Brest|
|Contact||Mr. Francois Girod|
Rue Emile de Carcaradec