Offshore Wind Turbine Specialist
Here’s a fantastic opportunity for a wind turbine expert, who has a passion for making a difference to the environment. A unique chance to carve out a career within Shell New Energies and help shape our strategic direction.
Where you fit in
At Shell, we care deeply about finding new, cleaner energy solutions that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible, and deliver value and performance across the energy industry.
As Offshore Wind Turbine Specialist, you’ll be a pivotal part of this drive, sitting within our New Energies Research and Technology (NERT) team, with an exciting focus on identifying future wind turbine developments.
What’s the role?
Building on our experience in lower-carbon technology, we’ll be looking to you to support our Offshore Wind Innovation Program, exploring new energy models that match business strategy.
A strong self-starter who also works well within a team, we’ll expect you to help drive our offshore wind business forward with your deep understanding of wind turbine generator technology.
More specific duties include:
- Developing views on potential future offshore wind turbine platform performance and identifying key technology and supply chain hurdles that need to be overcome.
- Identifying technical optimization potential at component level for current commercial offshore wind turbine platforms, whilst recognizing supply chain constraints.
- Identifying turbine modification requirements and performance in floating offshore wind application.
- Developing remote maintenance technology pathways.
- Supporting Shell’s ongoing external technology collaborations, such as the Offshore Wind Accelerator, GROW Offshore Wind, the Floating Wind JIP, and the US National Offshore Wind R&D consortium.
- Providing technical support for Shell Ventures wind energy related investments.
- Involvement in Technical Risk Assessments of current WTGs, focussing on Risks & Opportunities and OPEX.
This is a role that’s going to stretch your natural communication skills. As you drive business-centred new innovation and nurture collaborative and trustworthy strategic partnerships with a dynamic range of internal and external stakeholders, across the New Energies business and beyond.
Country of Work Location
Netherlands, United Kingdom
City, State (if applicable)
The Hague - Headquarters 23
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from men and women with technical expertise and experience within the wind turbine industry. Alongside your natural people skills, we’d also hope to see as much of the following on your CV:
- Linking business strategy with your technical expertise and knowledge.
- Experience in conceptual design of wind turbine platforms.
- Experience in wind turbine engineering software packages.
- Expertise with assessing wind turbine design and manufacturing, from gearbox and generator, to main bearings and blades.
- A thorough understanding of the scaling rules, design drivers and constraints for wind turbines as an integrated system.
- Evidence of your commitment to HSSE.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies, backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that. If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process: from application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
No. of Positions
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 13 March 2019|
|Company name||Shell Nederland BV|