Project Manager Engineering E&A Offshore Rotterdam
Because of new developments within the Cruise and Offshore market Damen is looking for Engineers with a background in Cruise and Offshore. Damen is about to enter the Cruise market with some exiting projects and 100+ meter Cruise and Cruise Expedition vessels. These projects will be built at one of our yards outside the Netherlands and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels.From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Cruise vessels for the most luxury Cruise trips around the world.
Damen Shipyards is currently looking for a Project Manager Engineering E&I for our Cruise Ship projects. As a Project Manager Engineering E&I, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site, partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client representatives and classification societies in order to ensure the final technical execution meets all requirements. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally you will also be involved in a supportive role for building and commissioning and attend trials if considered required, in order to close the practical feedbackloop towards the engineering team.
Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering E&A Offshore Rotterdam include:
- Take on, manage and realize the project (in close collaboration with the Project Managers of Mechanical Engineering and Shipbuilding);
- Screening of electrical specifications and providing advice on this topic to the project group;
- Performing feasibility studies / risk analyzes;
- Drawing up the planning for the Electrical Engineering projects and monitoring them;
- Evaluation of Electro technical Design (eg E-balance, one line diagram, I / O list);
- Keep in contact with Suppliers and Co-makers;
- Reconciliation with class about regulation;
- Monitoring progress and evaluation of electrical engineering in cooperation with (Foreign) engineering partners;
- Supporting the production with Electrical issues.
Do you fit our profile' You must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering;
- At least five years' experience in managing complex engineering projects, strongly preferably in the Cruise industry;
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in English and preferable Dutch;
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you;
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis (about one week every two months);
- Project management skills (set up planning, monitoring progress, cost control, work together with suppliers).
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports;
- relocation package available under certain circumstances.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.
|Date Updated||Friday 22 March 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Ms. Danielle Nuts|
|Telephone||+31 (0)10 204 1222|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|