Automation Engineer Offshore Renewables
- As Automation Specialist you will work in a project oriented environment and close to our customers. You will be responsible to integrate several different scada systems in one overall scada system, according to the requirements of the client.
- You will follow up the different designs of each of our subcontractors and bring each of them in line with our design.
- You will follow up all the communications between the several subcontractors: from the wind turbines supplier up to the high voltage substation supplier.
- Furthermore, you will develop and implement customized solutions tailored to customers SCADA requirements.
- You will implement ideas and needs and act as a problem solver to overcome technical misalignments.
- You will check the requirements of our client and check these with the proposed solutions of our subcontracts, and give your remarks or comments on their design.
- You will follow up the actions of the manufacturer and the suppliers.
- You will follow up the constructions works and commissioning of the SCADA systems.
- You will take the lead in the overall network design of the complete windfarm. From wind turbine up to the control centre onshore.
- You will report directly to the project Director and design team in Taiwan and to the Electrical Package Manager Renewables. You will join the weekly design meetings in Taiwan.
- Network engineering, including LAN switches, Router, Fiber Optic network in a ring or star topologies, firewalls, gateways, VPN, cybersecurity networks.
- Network server OPC UA / DA
- Communication protocols including OPC UA or DA, DNP 3.0 (substation), Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus TCP/SNMP and serial communication RS 232 and RS 485, Profibus, Profinet, HART
- Power grid scada systems, communications, and security applications. (Knowledge of the IEC 61850 communication protocol is a plus)
- RTU and DCS systems for substation communications
- High voltage protection relays (Siprotec or similar)
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems (e.g. Siemens, Rockwell, Bachmann, Beckhoff)
- Basic knowledge of SCADA systems (e.g. WinCC, Cimplicty)
- Faced with such challenges you show strong initiative and strong desire to learn and to be a problem solver. You work well with customers, set-ups meetings with all parties to discuss the integration of the scada system. You are able to quickly learn and understand the IT infrastructure in different customer setups and how to integrate SCADA systems into existing IT systems.
- You have excellent oral and written skills in English and if you speak and write Mandarin Chinese, it is a plus.
Apply without account
We go beyond recruitment. Every day, our clients entrust us with complex recruitment tasks that cross oceans and borders. With over 30 years of experience, we meet demands by offering a full suite of taxation, administration, logistics, and legal services – including up-to-date compliance advice.
Our power lies with recognising the importance of matching the right people to the right positions. By combining the appropriate skills, knowledge, and experience, we are able to provide our professionals with the best opportunities and our clients with the best professionals.
We are here for the industry that always looks towards the next frontier. And for the professional with the talent and determination to get there.
|Date Updated||Thursday 7 February 2019|
|Company name||Atlas Professionals|
|Contact||Mr. Evert-Jan van Slooten|
|Telephone||+31 527 20 02 50|