For the Products and Proposals department, Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding is looking for a cost-estimator who prepares estimates for new projects. You will collect and analyze data in order to estimate project costs and man hours required. You will calculate, analyze, and adjust estimates and recommends ways to reduce costs. You will maintain records of estimated and actual costs.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Reviews offered specifications of budgets in collaboration with the Proposal Engineer and on the basis of project specifications.
- Requests for manhour costs for projects at internal departments.
- Assesses quotations from suppliers and manhour costs offered by departments.
- Sets up and fills a database with key figures and with technical and purchasing information.
- Drafts integral budgets for quotations for new constructions and refit projects, within the set rules and procedures.
- Identifies missing information and possibilities for cost reduction.
- Analyzes actual incurred costs in projects from which key figures can be generated.
- Works with stakeholders through the project process to achieve market competitive project pricing. This includes coordinating with the purchasing department and providing support to commercial colleagues by providing expert knowledge in the field of both calculation and ship building developments.
- Contributes to the further development of the P&P department.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- A bachelor or Master degree in Naval architecture, Mechanical Engineering or another relevant Technical Study.
- Experience in budgeting and planning in ship building industry.
- Up-to-date awareness of sector trends and activities, covering not only calculation, but the wider ship building industry.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Saturday 16 February 2019|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|