In this function, it is your responsibility within a project team to write, update, draw up, translate and edit user manuals, maintenance manuals, test protocols, business processes, etc. Within these documents, a number of aspects of the system are described, such as functions, requirements, layout, components, different modes, safety, maintenance, etc.
These documents are currently drawn up in MS Word, but in future we will probably switch to a structured environment such as XML.
Based on different sources, the Technical Author draws up a clear and readable document in accordance with a prescribed format, using different sources of information. These sources of information can be texts, drawings, diagrams, lists, specifications, manuals, 3D models, Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), colleagues, reports, etc.
- Drawing up technical documents.
- Collecting technical and logistical information.
- Structuring existing information.
- Writing texts.
- Adapting illustrations, if necessary.
- Storing information in software systems in accordance with international standards S1000D and S2000M.
- Providing Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP).
- Technical training (secondary/higher vocational education).
- Ability to write in a structured manner and transfer knowledge via documentation in the English language.
- Knowledge of (complex) systems.
- Familiarity with international standards such as S1000D, S2000M and S3000L.
- Experience with Content Management Systems and XML.
- You are able to separate main and side issues efficiently and are to the point in your style of writing.
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal)
- Familiar with Simplified Technical English.
- Enthusiastic team player who takes the initiative and is actively involved with product development.
- Engineers of complex systems (with an affinity for writing).
- Technical authors who have experience with systems.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 20 February 2019|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|