Cost Engineer Asset Management Offshore
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You define and maintain estimates and budget plans for our future projects, based on project specifications and time schedules;
- You align the project budget plans with the Offshore Projects budget plans, therefore working closely together with your project cost engineering counterpart at the Offshore Projects department (NLO);
- You develop, improve and maintain the tools we use (e.g. frameworks, models, systems, databases) to professionalize and standardize the way we budget and assess cost calculations;
- You provide and analyse calculations and recalculations, point out deviations and adjust the budget cost model when requested;
- Monitoring pricing movements regarding materials and market suppliers based on research and quotations of suppliers. You make necessary adjustments in budget when signalling deviations;
- You propose and execute improvement plans to the management in regards to relevant processes, procedures and cost reductions.
- You report directly to the Manager Asset Management Offshore NL.
- Minimum Bachelor degree, e.g. in Construction, Engineering, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in activities similar to those mentioned in the tasks and responsibilities, preferably in an organization comparable to TenneT;
- You are an experienced user of Excel and budgeting software;
- You have knowledge of and experience with probabilistic budgeting and several other budgeting methods that are known in the industry;
- You are able to draft a budget which can be used as a solid basis for an 'in control' project;
- You are able to support the organization in reaching the next level in professional budgeting methodologies;
- You are customer focused, result driven, proactive and cost aware;
- People around you would describe you as a helpful person, who can easily build relationships, knows how to get a thorough understanding of projects and is able to encourage people based on personality;
- The following personal competences apply for this position: accurate, result driven, communicative, conscious and analytical;
- Fluent in Dutch, business-fluent in spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of offshore and or high voltage transmission projects is an advantage.
What can you expect from TenneT:
- TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment.
- TenneT offers a competitive salary package (job level 8 based on the CAO Netwerkbedrijven) with excellent secondary benefits, as well as good training and development possibilities.
- Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
As a result of the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply, offshore wind developments have taken a prominent position within TenneT in the Netherlands. Technical concepts (e.g. standard platforms) are developed, the realization phase for the first offshore grid connections have started, while the preparation for the another two HVAC offshore grid connections (design, spatial, permits, procurement) and future HVDC grid connections is ongoing. The first grid connection system will be operational in August 2019.
The Asset Management Offshore department (AMO) is responsible for the grid connection development, the design and standardization, the O&M strategy, the technical framework-setting and the asset specifications for the offshore grid development in the Netherlands and Germany. This includes the X-Win projects in Germany, the AC offshore wind connections in the Netherlands, the offshore interconnectors, and the future HVDC offshore development on the North Sea.
Currently we are looking for a Cost Engineer Asset Management Offshore (1,0 fte, Arnhem)
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. In June 2014 the Dutch government confirmed the decision for an offshore grid.
The decision to realise 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken in the law 'Wind op Zee" and TenneT has been appointed as the offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed and the preparation for the first individual projects (spatial, permits, procurement) is ongoing. The first grid connection system will be operational in August 2019.
In order to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea, the new department Offshore NL is formed. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 15 January 2019|
|Contact||Ms. Kelly van der Doelen|
|Telephone||+31 (0)26 373 11 11|
Mariëndaal Centre of Excellence
Utrechtseweg 310, Arnhem