Project Manager Engineering Mechanical Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam
As a Project Manager Engineering Mechanical at the Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam Division you are responsible for the engineering process and output within the Engineering Mechanical discipline. Ensuring a smooth engineering and building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client representative team. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased packages, systems (and equipment) and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, the Project Manager ensures that the yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. You are a member of a dedicated multidisciplinary Offshore project team which will be headed by a Sr. Project manager / Director. The Project Manager Engineering Mechanical will be managed by the Operations Manager Cruise & Offshore.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In cooperation with Tender management responsible for the Front- end engineering design phase;
- Manage engineering in different phases: FEED, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production;
- Manage an engineering team, supervise and asses team members, consisting of (lead) engineers (Damen engineers, sub contracted / outsourced engineering work local and international);
- Responsible for managing the integration of purchased packages / systems and equipment;
- Manage the client, Class and national authority’s approval process. Prepare lists of deliverables, estimate, and plan the engineering work;
- Monitor on quality, progress and costs. Assess input from own employees, but also from suppliers and partners. Preparation of status reports, organize document control and configuration control, organize review moments.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, completed in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology or equivalent;
- 8+ years of relevant engineering experience within multidisciplinary large complex Offshore or Cruise projects (FPSO / cable laying vessel / mini cruise / drilling rig);
- Advantage experience working with a Tender management department, Offshore and Cruise regulations, Offshore related legal affairs (English law) and HSEQ procedures;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Good oral and written command of English and preferable Dutch;
- We are looking for a Project Manager Engineering with a sense of commercialism, flexible, service orientated and proactive mindset. Fully aware of the commercial, legal and regulatory rules of the Offshore and Cruise Industry.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 22 January 2019|
|Education level||Middle | High|
|Function category||Project Management|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Mr. B. Ramirez-Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 183 63 94 47|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|