You are at the start of your career and looking for position as Engineer Mechanical. Within the department of High Speed Craft / Ferries you will be part of an engineering team and work on a variety of topics to design and engineer solutions and help implement them in the ship types of High Speed Craft / Ferries. You will be able to work in different field of your expertise and in multi-disciplinary teams.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assessing input of detailed engineering, suppliers, services department;
- Working closely together in a multi-disciplinary team in which designer, procurement, logistics, services, etc. are represented;
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Performing calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Planning work;
- Preparing technical layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications;
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Capability to run a project within a multidisciplinary team;
- Capability of conveying a message, of convincing people, of making people enthusiastic, of presenting to a different audience.
Quality consciousness and a practical approach is in your blood. You are proactive, independent, creative and working accurately. In addition, you meet the following features:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- 1 to 3 years' experience;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- Good communication skills; English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Each cluster has its own engineering department and several cluster- cutting departments such as Engineering Support, Standards, Reproduction and CAD/IFS Support. Engineering is responsible for the creation and management of the engineering packages of the cluster. Engineering means: the production of drawings, engineering calculations, production of technical specifications and construction instructions. This applies for both the naval part (hull, structure, stability, etc.), mechanical part (propulsion, pipe systems, etc.) and Electrical. The Engineering Department is responsible for the design and basic engineering of existing and new ship types, and coordinates and controls the outsourcing of detail engineering undertaken by other Damen establishments, including foreign offices, or by third parties. Each drawing group has access to employees with a naval, mechanical or electrical training (or any specialistic field of expertise).
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Saturday 12 January 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|