Piping and Instrumentation Specialist
As a Diagrams Engineer/Piping and Instrumentation Specialist, you will design all existing pipeline systems on board Royal IHC vessels.
In this role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- creating one-line piping diagrams for cooling water, fuel, bilge and ballast systems, etc
- preparing the necessary calculations, and specifying fittings and instrumentation
- calculating pipe diameter and thickness
- tracking versions of the package during the detailed engineering, construction and commissioning phase
- processing individual installation instructions
- specifying necessary components based on construction specifications and standard regulations.
You will also set up technical specifications, receive and assess quotes, and make final decisions in cooperation with the purchasing department and WTB lead engineers. In addition, the Diagrams Engineer will be responsible for inspection by classification agencies and/or customers.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a good command of Dutch and English
- a higher vocational education (HBO) or secondary level of education (MBO) in mechanical engineering (WTB) - supplemented with relevant training and work experience
- three years of relevant work experience
- experience with (shipbuilding) engineering is a plus
- Cadmatic software experience is also an advantage
- knowledge of the regulation of classification agencies and international authorities
- an awareness of technical developments in the field
- the ability to initiate research and technical progress
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Diagrams Engineer/Piping and Instrumentation Specialist and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Diagrams Engineer / Piping and Instrumentation Specialist you will work in the Engineering department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
|Date Updated||Friday 3 August 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Sylvia Meyer - van Leeuwen|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|